Premium Accounts
Get extra features and no ads!

It has been an exciting first week out of the gate living with our new design and overhaul, and while it has been a little bit bumpy at times, I think Serpentine is in a really good position to keep improving and succeed.

The biggest issue Serpentine has had this week is having rooms crash, and I thought we were out of the woods with that stuff until last night when some of the rooms stopped working. Writing highly available multi-threaded servers is not an easy task, and in some ways I'm learning as I go, so please bear with me for a little while longer as I figure this stuff out.

How are people finding their Premium Accounts? I haven't gotten much feedback on what people think of the friends lists, whispering, custom rooms, and room invites, though it does seem like at least some people are using those features. Please let me know if you're having any issues or if you have suggestions, as I would like to make these features as useful and rock-solid as they can be.

So what is coming down the pipeline? Right now I am about 75% of the way through with Facebook integration. What that means is you'll be able to link your Serpentine account to your Facebook account, and folks new to the site will be able to log in directly with their Facebook accounts. Once logged in, you'll be able to Like Rooms and Share your Achievements with your friends on Facebook. I'm really excited for this functionality as I think it is going to bring in new players and open up Serpentine to a larger audience.

Have a great week!
Subject Creator Date
»  A week older, a week wiseradamplumb05/7/2013 9:11AM
»  RE: A week older, a week wiserOooooopsie05/11/2013 1:13PM